If you are anything like me, then the question of what to eat for breakfast is a daily struggle. I don’t have much appetite early in the morning, and the thought of rich, solid, or overly sweet foods makes me nauseous. I also don’t have much time; I’m usually running late because I take too damn long layering on my mascara. Priorities, right?
After much experimentation, I have arrived at my perfect weekday breakfast: the açai parfait (the contents of an açai bowl served in parfait form, aka layered with granola). It’s fruity and light, really quick to make and eat, super healthy, and delicious! Let me show you how I make it!
Ingredients (Single Serving)
- 1 banana
- Fresh and/or frozen fruit (I used fresh pineapple and frozen raspberries)
- 1 Frozen açai purée packet (Sambazon brand from Whole Foods)
- 1 Heaping tbsp plain greek yogurt (0% fat)
- Granola (I used KIND Oats & Honey from Gelson’s)
- Unsweetended almond milk (just a splash to help blend)
- Honey for added sweetness (not shown)
- Run the açai purée packet under hot water, cut open, and crumble into small pieces into your blender.
- Add broken up banana and the rest of your fruit to the blender.
- Dollop a heaping tablespoon of greek yogurt on top.
- Add a little bit of almond milk just to help the blending process. For a thicker consistency add less, for a runnier consistency add more!
- Blend until smooth.
- Fill half a tall glass with the açai smoothie mixture, add a layer of granola and maybe some chopped fruit chunks, fill the second half of the glass with smoothie, leaving a little room at the top for more granola and fruit.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Hope you guys try this easy, quick, and tasty breakfast option! Switch it up with different fruits or toppings. I find shredded coconut or chia seeds are a nice topping if I’m feeling extra fancy.
Let me know what you think if you give it a try! Cheers!